Are you unable to access your ChatGPT account because you don’t remember your password? Worry not! This article will cover detailed steps to reset or change your ChatGPT password for the account created using the email address of Microsoft, Google, or others.
How to change ChatGPT Password?
Changing your ChatGPT password is straightforward, taking only a few minutes. To reset your OpenAI account password, remember the associated email address because you’ll receive the reset link here. The given method works when you create a ChatGPT account using a unique email id & password.
Here are the steps to change your OpenAI/ChatGPT password-
- Log out of your ChatGPT account if you’re logged in. You can open your browser’s incognito window if you don’t want to log out.
- Open the OpenAI login link – https://chat.openai.com/auth/login?next=/chat
- Select “Log In.”
- Type your ChatGPT account email address.
- Click on the “Forgot Password?” option.
- OpenAI will send a password reset link to your email id.
- Follow the given instructions in the email to set a new password.
- Login into your ChatGPT account using the new password.
- If you don’t get the link on your email or the above method doesn’t work, you must check whether you have created an account with your Google or Microsoft account’s email id.
What do I do if I forgot my Openai/ChatGPT password?
OpenAI allows you to reset your ChatGPTpassword in case you forget the previous one. We have described the detailed steps in the previous section. The procedure is slightly different when you log in using a Microsoft or Google account.
What do I do if I forgot my Openai/ChatGPT email?
You can take assistance from the OpenAI support team if you forget your email address. The OpenAI team does help the users in resolving their issues. You can contact the OpenAI support team using either of the two ways.
1. Email support
You can send an email on this id- [email protected] describing your issue. The team will assist you with crucial information & guidance to reassess your ChatGPT account.
2. Chat Support
You can use the “Chatbot” available on the OpenAI help center page.
Open the given link & click or tap on the “Chat bubble” icon at the button-right end. Ask the support executive to assist you in retrieving your ChatGPT account.
How to change ChatGPT Password if I logged into using Google or Microsoft Account?
You must enter your Google or Microsoft account’s email address in this situation. Here are the steps to change your ChatGPT password if logged into using your Google or Microsoft account.
- Open this link – https://chat.openai.com/auth/login?next=/chat.
- Click on the “Log In” option.
- Type the Google or Microsoft account email address.
- You ‘ll receive the “reset password” email on this entered email address.
- Click on the reset password link & Complete the on-screen steps to change the password.
- After this, Login into your ChatGPT account using a new password.
- If this method doesn’t work, you must take help from the OpenAI support team.