Graphing Software is the best tool to visually display different data types in an understandable form to extract valuable information. To save time researching the best tool, we have compiled 21 Best Free Graphing Software with their features which anyone from beginners to Data professionals can use for personal and commercial applications.
21 Best Free Graphing Software
You can utilize the Graphing softwares for drawing mathematical functions, graphs, charts, and diagrams using real-time data. The below 21 Best Free Graphing softwares are helpful for Data professionals, mathematical students, teachers, researchers, and developers to utilize in their fields for Data Visualization or learning math.
Meta-chart is a free graphic software mainly used for Data visualization, Charting, and graphing. It’s an excellent, easy-to-use tool for creating and sharing various customized shaped graphs and charts from any data.
- Meta-chart offers a wide range of chart types to select from – Pie chart, Venn chart, bar chart, line chart, histogram, area chart, tally chart, and more.
- It offers two ways to enter data – manually and by importing CSV files.
- You can edit the saved charts.
- You can create charts without registering.
Website – https://www.meta-chart.com/
A Graph is an ideal open-source graphic software for people to draw and customize graphs of different mathematical functions in a coordinate system.
- It allows us to perform mathematical calculations on the graphs.
- You can plot different functions such as standard, parametric & polar. You can edit the graph using diverse options like width, color, line style & interval.
- You can draw graphs of two equations.
- You can save the graph in different formats such as Windows bitmap, JPEG, png, PDF, and Scalable vector graphics.
Website – https://www.padowan.dk/
Infogram is a creative Visualization online tool that assists individuals and teams in designing beautiful infographics in a few minutes. You can use this tool for developing graphics for multiple applications like marketing, education, online publishing, reporting, government & non-profit. With the free plan, you get limited features.
- It offers custom, ready-to-use templates, including infographics, reports, slides, dashboards, maps, and social media visuals that you can customize with your brand logo, fonts, and colors.
- You can apply animations with different effects like fade, zoom, slide, or bounce.
- It provides collaboration features in which you can create a group for your team where all can create, modify and publish projects.
- It offers detailed analytics metrics like clicks on tabs, impressions, demographics, no. of shares, etc., of the online published content.
- You can create customizable tracking links to share with others.
Website – https://infogram.com/
Pricing – Infogram offers four Premium Plans – Basic ( free ), Pro ( $25/month ), Business ($79/month), team ( $179/month ) & Enterprise ( customized )
Gnuplot is a free portable graphic software for systems like Linux, OSX, Windows, and Unix. Developers developed it initially for students & scientists for Data visualization of mathematical functions.
- You can select from two plot types– 2D & 3D.
- You can develop two-dimensional data plots & functions integrating elements like lines, labels, points, filled shapes, etc.
- It allows data representation in diverse shapes, such as histograms, heat maps, violin plots, etc.
- This software supports many operating systems and file formats.
Website – http://www.gnuplot.info/
Desmos is a free graphing calculator for teachers & students with valuable features supporting different mathematical tools. This is an ideal tool for math lovers to grow their love by representing ideas dynamically.
- Teachers can create creative activities for their math classes to make students learning enjoyable via practicals.
- It provides different graph settings to create graphs as per requirements.
Website – https://www.desmos.com/
Orange is an open-source Data visualization graphic software to create Data Analysis workflows using diverse toolboxes. Learners mostly use it for teaching and training in schools and colleges globally. You can download it on Windows and MacOS for free.
- It provides an Appealing Data Visualization kit of statistical distributions, scatter plots, heatmaps, box plots, linear projections, etc.
- You can perform Data Exploration without coding knowledge by simply loading your data.
- It supports widgets, hands-on training & Data Science concepts for visual representation.
- You can use add-ons for Data mining via external data resources.
Website – https://orangedatamining.com/
GeoGebra is a free graphic mathematical software that integrates algebra, dynamic geometry, math, and calculus in one tool to simplify learning mathematics for teachers, researchers & students. People mostly use it in research and education to create and edit mathematical plots.
- It offers various Data visualization tools to develop 2D & 3D compelling graphics, simulations & animations via graphs, geometric shapes, data points, mathematical functions, and curves in real time.
- You can edit & explore simple to complex mathematical concepts in real-time to gain an in-depth familiarity with mathematical principles.
- It offers customization options such as colors, fonts, and elements for designing custom graphics.
- You can integrate this tool with other graphic softwares and technologies to improve visualization.
Website – https://www.geogebra.org/
- Its key feature is the customization option offering options like editing colors, design elements, and fonts of charts as per your need. You can further implement labels, markers & tooltips to add information for users.
- It offers Data Analysis tools to explore and analyze data to find valuable insights into the datasets.
- You can integrate it with other platforms & Data Analysis tools.
- Features like screen reader support and keyboard navigation make accessing the visualizations easy for all users.
Website – https://www.amcharts.com/
Pricing – Its premium plan ranges between $180 to $15,600.
Mondrian is a free popular Data visualization & business analytics graphic software best suited for large volumes of Datasets in Data Analysis. Its capability to support MDX & OLAP query language makes it an excellent option for business Data professionals.
- It offers various Data visualization tools, such as pivot tables, histograms, maps, scatterplots, graphs, charts, etc., which you can embed in other dashboards or applications.
- It permits the development of custom data OLAP cubes.
- It’s compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- It can handle the different volumes of datasets meeting the requirements of different level organizations.
- It includes robust security features such as SSL encryption, role-based control & LDAP authentication to manage sensitive data carefully.
Website – http://www.theusrus.de/Mondrian/
LabPlot is a free open source Data Analysis & Data Visualization software explicitly created for Data Analysts, scientists & engineers. It supports different operating systems like Windows, Linux & macOS.
- It offers diverse visualization options, including bar charts, 3D plots, line charts, contour plots, scatter charts, heat maps, etc.
- You can export & import files in different formats, such as Excel, CSV, and HDF5, from different sources like databases, text files & spreadsheets.
- It includes Advanced Statistical tools for ANOVA, regression analysis & hypothesis testing.
Website – https://labplot.kde.org/
MathGV is a free, lightweight mathematical function software to visualize mathematical equations & functions in 2D & 3D. It’s primarily designed for teachers, students, or professionals who frequently work with complicated mathematical problems.
- It lets you make graphs of various functions like linear, cubic, quadratic & trigonometric.
- It supports creating mathematical functions on different coordinate systems like cylindrical, cartesian & spherical.
- It provides customization options like axis labels, color schemes, and line styles.
- You can save graphs in formats like JPEG, PNG & BMP.
Website – http://euler.rene-grothmann.de/
12. Euler Math Toolbox
Euler Math Toolbox is a free, open-source software for mathematical Analysis & computation for professionals dealing with mathematical data & equations. It has practical applications in different domains of finance, science & engineering.
- You can perform mathematical operations like numerical calculations, algebraic operations & symbolic computations.
- It includes an in-built library of commands & functions to solve complicated mathematical questions of algebra, calculus, statistics, etc.
- You can use visualization tools & graphs to visualize data in 2D & 3D.
- You can utilize its programming & scripting support to extend functions & automate tasks.
Website – http://euler.rene-grothmann.de/
Magic Plot is a Data Analysis graphic software created especially for researchers & Data Scientists to develop plots, charts & publication-quality graphs from their data. Its paid version offers advanced features like scripting and 3D surface plot.
- With the customization option, it includes different graphing tools like histograms, bar charts, line graphs, scatter plots, etc.
- It supports different data formats like Excel, PDF, SVG, PNG, CSV & ASCII to import & export files.
- You can streamline repetitive tasks for managing multiple data via the Batch processing feature.
- It offers diverse statistical Analysis & curve-fitting tools for performing error analysis, linear and non-linear regression, etc.
Website – https://magicplot.com/
Pricing – Starting from $159 (depending upon license type and user count )
Meta calculator is a free, open-source calculator-type software developed primarily for professionals & learners in domains like science, engineering, technology, and mathematics.
- Its scientific calculator supports all essential mathematical functions like arithmetic, logarithmic, trigonometric, etc.
- It provides a graphing calculator to draw graphs of equations & functions over 2D & 3D coordinate systems.
- You can perform basic unit conversations, including mass, length, time, temperature, area, etc.
Website – https://www.meta-calculator.com/online/
Mathway is an online tool for solving essential to complex math problems with step-by-step instructions. It’s a valuable tool for professionals, students, and teachers in finance, engineering & physics. Its mobile app is available for Android and Apple users.
- You can get graphs of various mathematical functions & equations in 2D & 3D.
- You can solve different math problems on topics such as differentiation, integration, limits, etc., in multiple languages.
- It stores your history of all solved questions.
- It offers different modes of tests, practice, and worksheets for specific tasks.
Website – https://www.mathway.com/Algebra
Pricing – Price can range from $19.99/month to $79/month (depending on subscription duration )
Visme is an online graphics designing tool helpful in creating different compelling visual content such as infographics, social media graphics, presentations, reports, etc. With its premium version, you can access additional features like removing watermarks and downloading files in HD quality.
- It provides a user-friendly interface that helps you to customize and develop graphics without experience.
- You can use diverse customizable templates, a vast library of images, and more design elements.
- You can collaborate with other team members to manage projects in real time.
- The Analytics feature allows tracking of visual content performance via recording metrics like views, engagement rate, shares, etc.
Website – https://www.visme.co/graph-maker/?ref=vcws
Pricing – The starter package starts from $12.25 monthly.
- You can use charts like area, bar, pie, line, etc.
- It offers customizable themes to create charts with real-time data based on the brand’s needs.
- Animation options enhance the graphics look for more user engagement.
- It provides Export options to share charts as PDF, images, or SVG via social media channels and emails.
Website – https://www.fusioncharts.com/
Pricing – basic plan starts from $439 yearly.
Dygraphs is an open source free library to make creative & editable charts from complex data. You can download its source code from GitHub.
- It offers various chart types such as area, bar, line, scatter, etc.
- You can customize the Dygraphs charts to explore data shapes over the chart.
- It’s compatible with web browsers like Firefox, safari, chrome, and internet explorer.
- It supports two data formats, JSON & CSV, to upload data from other sources.
Website – https://dygraphs.com/
19. Google charts
Google Charts is a free tool for Data visualization by Google to create graphs and charts to display real-time data on web applications and websites. Its free API is available for developers for customization & integration with applications.
- It offers various chart types galleries, including Geo, column, scatter, histogram, area, bar, line, and more that you can customize with real-time data per your requirements.
- Google charts are optimized to be more responsive while making changes.
- You can integrate Google charts with Google Sheets to create charts via spreadsheets or with other Google services for combining data.
- It supports localization, allowing you to create and visualize charts with text in your desired language.
Website – https://developers.google.com/chart/
HighCharts is a Data Visualization software for developers to develop charts for web & mobile platforms. You should purchase its license to utilize it in commercial applications.
- It allows the creation of different chart types which are responsive and adaptable to screen devices & sizes.
- HighCharts provides customization options to edit charts’ behavior and appearance with colors, labels, fonts, etc.
- You can export charts in PDF, PNG, and JPG formats for easy sharing.
- Highcharts can manage and display large datasets without compromising quality and performance.
Website – https://www.highcharts.com/
- You can easily view Maps created via Leaflet on tablets & smartphones.
- It offers wide customization options like tooltips, markers, and more to adjust the map’s appearance per your requirements and create dynamic and engaging maps.
- Maps designed on Leaflet are fast and respond quickly on even slower devices.
Website – https://leafletjs.com/
Now, you have plenty of options for graphing softwares with unique features available at no cost. You can select anyone based on your personal and commercial needs. Whether you are a newbie or an experienced user, these free graphing softwares can assist you in displaying your data creatively.